TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Use Constitutes Acceptance
Your use of this website constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to these Terms and Conditions. PSATS encourages you to review the following information carefully.
Collecting and using personal information
As you navigate PSATS’s website, you may be asked to disclose certain personal information. By “personal information,” PSATS means data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, address, social security number, email address, telephone number and credit card, banking or other payment information. In order for you to make an informed decision about whether to disclose your personal information to PSATS via this website, set forth below is information regarding how PSATS collects and uses personal information.
PSATS may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity so that PSATS can be sure that its communications with you are secure and confidential;
- responding to inquiries or requests from you;
- delivering products and services to you.
PSATS will not collect personal information about you unless you provide us that information voluntarily.
In some cases, and in all cases where required by law or regulation, you will be able to update the information that you provide to PSATS by sending an email to PSATS or, where you have established a personal profile with PSATS, by updating your profile online. Please refer to the specific pages where data is collected for more information.
PSATS will not sell, license or otherwise transfer any rights to your personal information to any third party unless expressly authorized by you.
PSATS may transmit or disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- if required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena, regulatory oversight, or other legal process, or to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft;
- to enable PSATS’s contractors or vendors to perform certain services for PSATS, including, but not limited to, processing credit card payments, performing website maintenance and performance improvement tasks;
- to enforce these Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this site or to protect the rights, property or safety of PSATS and its users.
In all cases, PSATS will disclose your personal information consistent with applicable laws and regulations and require that the recipient protect your personal information and use it only for the purpose for which it was provided.
PSATS’s website is not directed to minors under the age of thirteen (13). In addition, PSATS will not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of thirteen (13) without their parents’ consent in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Collecting and using non-personally identifiable information
You should also be aware that when you visit PSATS’s website, PSATS may collect certain non-personally-identifiable information about you. By “non-personally-identifiable and aggregate information,” PSATS means information that does not identify you personally, but provides it with anonymous "usage data," such as the number of unique visitors to the website, what pages are visited most often, and visitors’ navigation preferences and characteristics.
This data helps PSATS analyze and improve the usefulness of the information it provides on this website. In order for you to make an informed decision about whether to use and navigate this website, set forth below is information about how PSATS collects and uses non-personally identifiable information.
- Web browser information. Web browsers collect and store information about the type of device and operating system you are using to access the website and your device’s MAC address for facilitating network communications. This information helps PSATS establish a secure and consistent connection during your visits to this website.
- "Cookie" technology. A "cookie" is an element of data that a website can send to your browser when you link to that website. It is not a computer program and has no ability to read data residing on your computer or instruct it to perform any step or function. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the website is able to recognize repeat users, track usage patterns and better serve you when you return to that site. The cookie does not extract your personal information.
- Tracking pixels or beacons. These techniques use electronic files to track your navigation of the website, your completion of transactions and other browsing behavior.
- IP Address. When you subscribe to an Internet Service Provider, your computing device is assigned an IP Address. PSATS tracks and stores this address to help it manage security and monitor usage volume and patterns.
Protecting Your Account and Communications with PSATS
PSATS welcomes your comments and questions about this website and has provided contact information for that purpose. PSATS will share your comments and questions with its customer service staff and those employees most capable of addressing your questions and concerns.
Please note that your email, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet email communications, may potentially be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to PSATS. For that reason, please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. If you wish, you may instead contact PSATS via telephone at the numbers provided on this website.
There are some locations on PSATS’s website where PSATS has made special provisions for a more secure environment in which it can exchange information with you, including through the use of usernames and passwords. You are responsible for protecting your unique username and password and you agree to be responsible for all activities performed under your user account.
Discussion Group Community
To ensure the best possible experience for all members of PSATS’s Discussion Group community, we have established some basic participation guidelines; please acquaint yourself with them. This community is intended to permit you to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their collective experience and participate in an ongoing discussion of all things relating to township government. If you have questions, contact PSATS’s Member Services staff via the Contact Us link.
By joining and using this community, you agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to this medium. Please note that while PSATS does not actively monitor the Discussion Group community for inappropriate postings and does not undertake editorial control over postings, PSATS reserves the right to suspend or terminate the participation of anyone who violate these Terms and Conditions, including those set forth below.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted is available for all to see and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message. PSATS reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
- Please include a signature tag on all messages, including your name, township or entity, and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information from which everyone can benefit.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list.” Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
Linking to Other Sites
From time to time, PSATS’s website may provide links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by PSATS or that PSATS thinks might be useful or of interest to you. PSATS cannot, however, be responsible for the privacy practices used by other websites or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Therefore, you should familiarize yourself with the policies of those websites. Links to various non-PSATS websites do not constitute or imply endorsement by PSATS of these websites, any products or services described on these websites, or of any other material contained in them.
PSATS has adopted and adheres to stringent security standards designed to protect non-public personal information against accidental or unauthorized access or disclosure. Among the safeguards that PSATS has developed for this website are administrative, physical and technical barriers that together protect this website and other internal systems from unauthorized access or use. PSATS periodically subjects this website to simulated intrusion tests and has developed comprehensive disaster recovery plans.
All marks indicated on this website are trademarks owned exclusively by PSATS or displayed by PSATS with the approval of the trademark owner. The use of these trademarks and trade dress is prohibited if used in connection with the sale of any product that is not PSATS’s, in any manner that seeks to disparage or discredit PSATS or in any manner that may cause confusion among PSATS’s customers.
All content on this website is the exclusive property of PSATS or displayed by PSATS with the approval of the copyright owner. Said content includes text, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio and video clips, digital downloads and software. PSATS’s content is protected by United States and international copyright laws and PSATS reserves all rights contained therein. In case of dispute or infringement, PSATS will rigorously defend its rights to this content.
PSATS grants you (the user) a limited license to access and make personal use of this website. This license does not include the right to modify any material, or any portion thereof, download or collect logos, product descriptions, pricing, text, graphics, audio and video clips, and/or copy account information, without the express written consent of PSATS. This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written permission of PSATS. You are prohibited from using meta tags or any other hidden text utilizing PSATS's name or trademarks without the express written consent of PSATS. Any unauthorized use of this website voids the limited license granted by PSATS.
Content Submitted by Site Users
If you post content to this website or otherwise submit material (including, but not limited to, photographs and testimonials), you grant PSATS a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such content throughout the world in any media. By your submission you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate these Terms and Conditions and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify PSATS from all claims resulting from content you supply. PSATS reserves the right to remove any content at its sole discretion.
Limitation of Liability
This website is provided by PSATS on an "as is" and "as available" basis. PSATS makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, as to the operation of the website or the content contained therein. You expressly agree that your use of this website and the materials and information contained therein is at your own risk.
PSATS cannot warrant that this website, its servers or email communications affiliated with the use of this website are free from viruses. PSATS will not be responsible for any damages of any kind resulting from use of this website, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site, regardless of whether or not you make PSATS aware of the likelihood of such damages.
By visiting this website, you agree that the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will govern, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, these Terms and Conditions and any dispute that might arise between you and PSATS relating to your use of this website.
Changes in Terms and Conditions
PSATS reserves the right to modify, alter, delete and update these Terms and Conditions at any time it sees fit. Such alterations do not nullify PSATS’s rights in the event that infringements or breaches occurred under a previous version of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that PSATS changes these Terms and Conditions, the version date (located at the bottom of this document) will also be updated to reflect that a revision occurred. PSATS encourages you to periodically reread these Terms and Conditions to determine if there have been any changes that may affect you. This statement is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
Effective Date of Current Terms and Conditions :May 23, 2016